I am pleased to announce a second Land Training session for A & B squad starts Thursday 9th March 545-630pm at Darley Abbey Village Hall.
Why should I go to land training?
The main purpose of land training is to improve strength and flexibility whilst maintaining cardiovascular fitness.
To develop as a swimmer requires adaptation of muscles not commonly used. And to improve further you must possess technical skill,
muscular balance and a strong athletic ability. Land training is a key component in the development of a swimmer and should be
considered as a necessary part of your swim training programme.
8 ways land training helps you:-
- Improving athleticism helps you swim better and faster
- Improves starts off the block through explosive exercises
- Creates muscle balance by training muscle groups not commonly used in the pool
- Improves performance and increases chances of success
- Prevents injury through strength & flexibility training
- Creates a more balanced body through focusing on core strength
- Helps you stay competitive
- It’s fun!
Why not give one of the sessions a go?
Who takes the land training?
The sessions are run by Louise Straw and Andy Coppen
When is the training?
Thursday evening 1745-1830
Where is the training?
Darley Abbey Village Hall
click here for link to google maps