The County Championships take place each year in the spring.
Provisional dates for the 2018 championships are: 17th & 18th and 24th & 25th February 2018 at the ARC Leisure Center, Matlock
Qualifying times (subject to acceptance for licensing) for the 2018 Championships are available HERE
Schedule of events is available for download HERE
Please find attached details and entry form for 2018 Derbyshire ASA County Championships @ The Arc Matlock
The championship will be held on the weekends of 17/18th & 24/25th February
Competitors may withdraw from events up to 1 hour before the start of a session.
After this time withdrawals must be done so by sending a text message to 07929377809 and leaving a message stating swimmers name, gala, event number and competitor number.
Withdrawals on the day of the competition can also be made on a completed form which must be given to the administration desk prior to the start of the warm up to avoid a fine.
FINES FOR LATE WITHDRAWALS OR NO-SHOWS
Non-payment of the fine will result in the swimmer being prevented from entry to any other competition promoted by Derbyshire ASA until the fine has been paid.
County Championships Notes
Swimmers will not be allowed to take their bags on poolside and will be given a place in the sports hall. Here they can leave their bags, eat, wait and allowed to use 'camping chairs'.
Parents are not allowed in the sports hall.
Note that swimmers must only get changed in the changing facilities (not on poolside or in the sports hall) swimmers are not to take food on poolside, and no additional chairs are to be taken on to poolside.
Swimmers will need footwear to move between the sports hall and the pool with officials stopping any swimmers that are not dry. Therefore take club shirt and shorts or leggings along with an additional small towel to dry off with.
Please ensure swimmers look after all of their kit, goggles, hats, T-shirts etc and they have them with them at all times.
If you allow your child to take phones, mobiles, games etc with them we ask swimmers do not take any onto poolside and leave them in their bags in the sports hall. Please note these are taken at your own discretion and that DerbyPhoenix coaches and poolside staff are not responsible for the safekeeping of any personal items that are taken.
Derbyshire ASA state parents are not allowed on the poolside or in the changing rooms and must use the spectator areas only.
Team Managers and Coaches (if appointed by their club) are welcome when we have room but are not allowed at the start, finish or turn lines at any time other than warm up.
They reserve the right to refuse admission to the poolside to anyone other than competitors and Gala officials without stating a reason.
Derbyshire County Championships Enjoyment
The County Championships are here and we hope swimmers have a great time and swim well.
Whilst this is a championship and you and your child want to do well, this is a time for them enjoying the result of all the training. Personal Bests aren't everything, at a young age it is about how they perform not what they achieved.
This can be a stressful time for your child so please be your child's best fan. You need to emotionally be there for your child if he/she fails. Try to be totally disconnected from the outcome of your child's performances. What this means is try to avoid coaching unless your child directly asks you and can constructively use the information, you want to stay away from offering them technique, strategy or training suggestions.
When you coach as a parent, you may believe that you are being helpful but it is the coaches role to push athletes out of their comfort zone.
So we ask if you are attending to support all of Derby Phoenix Swimmers and to be your child's best fan. Be supportive. Help your child keep his/her sport in perspective. And allow your child to have ownership of their sport, and keep it in perspective to ensure that your child continues to have fun, he/she will remain healthy and happy....and, have the best chance to meet his/her potential!
Good luck to everyone and the very best wishes from all at Derby Phoenix.
Conduct at competitions
- At competitions, whether they be open meets, national events or club galas, I will always behave in a manner that shows respect to my coach, the officers, my teammates and the members of all competing organisations.
- I understand that I will be required to attend events and galas that the Chief Coach has entered/selected me for unless agreed otherwise by prior arrangement with the relevant official and coach.
- I understand that I must wear appropriate swimwear, tracksuits, T-shirts/shorts and hats as per the rules laid down by the organisation.
- I will report to my coach and/or team manager on arrival on poolside.
- I will warm up before the event as directed by the coach in charge on that day and ensure I fully prepare myself for the race.
- I will be part of the team. This means I will stay with the team on poolside.
- If I have to leave poolside for any reason, I will inform, and in some cases, get the consent of the team manager/coach before doing so.
- After my race, I will report to my coach for feedback.
- I will support my teammates. Everyone likes to be supported and they will be supporting me in return.
- I will swim down after the race if possible, as advised by my coach.
- My behaviour in the swim down facility must be appropriate and respectful to other users at all times.
- I will never leave an event until either the gala is complete or I have the explicit agreement with the coach or team manager.
Session warmup times for championships
Day One 17th Feb Day One provisional programme
1 – 8.30am – 9.30am
2 – 12:00pm – 13:00pm
3 – 16:30pm – 17:30pm
Day Two 18th Feb Day Two provisional programme
4 – 8.30am – 9.30am
5 – 12:30pm – 13:30pm
6 – 16:15pm – 17:15pm
Day Three 24th Feb Day Three provisional programme
7 – 8:30am – 9:45am
8 – 12:45pm – 14:00pm
9 – 17:15pm – 18:15pm
Day Four 25th Feb Day Four provisional programme
10 – 8:30am – 9.30am
Relay Teams – 13:00pm – 14:00pm